Book Dr. Sundiata
- Create Healthy Personal Relationships & Thriving Organizational Culture with Authentic Dialogue
- I will teach your group or organization a 3 step process for collaborative conflict resolution.
- Dialogue vs. Debate Simulation
- This immersive experience helps groups physically and emotionally feel the differences between debate (divisive) and authentic dialogue (unifying).
- Conflict Resolution & Mediation
- I will facilitate an authentic dialogue between two people or members of an organization about a specific issue. I will help you identify the root cause of the issue, reach common ground, identify win-win solutions that everyone consents to, and a process for periodically "checking-in" and improving on the decisions made.
- Solutions Focused Dialogue About Race-Relations in America
- I will facilitate an authentic dialogue that will equip your team or organization with tools for handling this tough topic in a way that everyone can feel good about.
I'm an Independent Educator, Anti-Oppression Activist, & Social Sustainability Facilitator. I'm the co-creator of GROW, a network of people and initiatives designed to promote and create social, economic, and political systems centered on Liberation, Sustainability, and Unconditional Love. I'm also the host of the Theory of Indivisibility Podcast which analyzes the evolutionary origins, current complexities, and future of our social, economic, and political systems.
"This is a powerful way to build connection through co-creation instead of conflict and disconnection."
-Spencer Babcock - Rock Tree Sky Learning Community
“My experience with Dr. Sundiata's work was transformative. Like most people I loved to debate and vanquish any opposition to my view points which I hold not only sacred but obviously correct. During our session I was able to see the value in a “dialogue” with another human being rather than an opponent to defeat. Finding value in another view point, no matter how diametrically opposed to it I may have been has helped me to approach every debate/argument as a chance for dialogue and understanding.”
"I attended a discussion led by Sundiata at a self-directed education training. He had us enter into a debate and then take the same topic and dialogue about it. In the beginning and end of each experience he asked us to take stock of our emotions. The experience profoundly demonstrated the difference. I went from a place of feeling stubborn, small and stupid to a place of understanding, openness and creativity. No solution came from debating but solutions came from the dialogue. To me the difference between the two were night and day. It was interesting to note that a few times during the dialogue experience, Dr. Sundiata drew our attention to the feelings we were feeling and we noticed we had slipped into debate mode. It was simply a matter of seeking to prove my point instead of seeking to listen and understand the other person's point. Dialoguing opens doors and creates solutions quickly, having a third party help facilitate a dialogue supports everyone keeping to the goal and being aware."
"I found this experience incredibly useful and moving. Having an experience where real feelings come up creates so much more of an impact than talking about a topic. It was amazing to me how in a group of people who are pretty like-minded, a debate was able to emerge that create feelings of division, isolation, anxiety, etc. Then we were facilitated in the use of dialogue to discuss the same topic which had the group leaving with a deeper understanding of how dialogue can be used for connection. I left with hope for the future that new solutions to problems can be created if we empower more people with the skills to dialogue with one another. I recommend this workshop to any organization or community that is looking for more cohesion and unity."
-Nancy Tilton - Co-Founder ALC Mosaic